Translate

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

My First Selenium IDE Project

As I was searching the web I realized that there was little in the ways of Selenium IDE tutorials and examples. As I go through this please note that this is not all inclusive and i am definitely human. I will try my best not to have mistakes but because of the fact that Selenium does update, no promises.
Let me begin with a little bit of background on Selenium IDE. It is a Firefox Plugin used for automating web based processes. For example, if you are testing a web site to make sure all the links work and you have to do this a couple of times a week. You could manually go into this website and manually click on each link or you could write a simple command based automation to do it for you.


Download Firefox
Go to this link to download
Download Selenium IDE
Go to this link to get the add-on for Firefox
Opening IDE
To open Selenium IDE Firefox must be open. There is a little icon that appears at the top left of the browser.
Create Test Case
When you open Selenium IDE it automatically opens a brand new test case. What you need to do is rename the test case to something that will draw attention to what the test case is supposed to test. You can rename the test case by right clicking on the test case and select Properties. You can then modify the lower line of the dialogue box that appears, this will modify the name but will not save the test case. You have to separately save the test case.

After the test case is named it is time to set the Base URL, this is the website that you will be testing.

If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comment section.

9 comments :

  1. This is very heplful and clear. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tip for anyone (like me) who could not locate the icon to launch selenium .. I had to right click --> Customize my firefox toolbar. Then in the config screen under Additional Tools and Features was the Selenium IDE icon. I dragged it onto my firefox toolbar, and was able to get somewhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the help Joseph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one awesome blog article. Much thanks again.
    I really enjoy the blog.Much thanks again. Really Great. selenium online training

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very informative blog and nice article , I really like your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near futureselenium training,selenium online training,selenium training online,selenium free course

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice effort!! Very good article about Selenium IDE. Selenium Training Institute in Chennai really gives the overview of entire components in Selenium. Thanks for posting such a valuable inputs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read your blog its very attractive and impressive. I like it your blog. Selenium Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read your blog completely. It is very impressive one for all the viewers. Thanks for sharing this blog.


    selenium Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete