Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Selenium IDE 'fireEvent' Command


One of the commands that I have found most helpful in running IDE scripts is the fireEvent(AndWait) command. This command can run any event that a specific object is supposed to do. For example, if you need your cursor to hover over something:


This screenshot actually has quite a few fireEvent commands, but we will just look at the mouseover. So the element here css=span.submenu-trigger has an event attached to that if you mouseover it triggers something. So by firing the event mouseover it fires that event.
Any event that is associated with the target, or element, you can fire with the fireEvent command.

I use this command mostly because of the nature of the website that I test, the normal commands like click don’t work.



If you have any questions or comments please leave them below.

3 comments :

  1. This is very informative blog and nice article , I really like your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near futureselenium training,selenium online training,selenium training online,selenium free course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting for selenium related topics.I'm also studied selenium tools we will give this information very useful my seleniuk learning knlowledge

    software testing training , Hadoop Training in Chennai , Selenium Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete