Translate

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Debugging Your Selenium IDE Tests

The most useful debugging tool is the the breakpoints that you can set in the Selenium IDE window. For those of you who do not know what a breakpoint is, let me explain. Breakpoints allow you to set a spot in the code, or this case the commands, for which the program pauses at that point and allows you to walk your way as far as you want to go. So when you're debugging Selenium IDE this is nice because you can see what the case is doing step by step.




Another tool I found useful when debugging anything dealing with variable, is the ‘echo’ command. The ‘echo’ command allows you to display what is in the variable. To use the command you put the variable like this ${variable} in the target. Now make sure you use the curly braces, when I first used this I thought those were normal parentheses.


1 comment :

  1. This is very informative blog and nice article , I really like your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near futureselenium training,selenium online training,selenium training online,selenium free course

    ReplyDelete